Long time no see, we hope you all had a good Christmas, New Year’s Eve, Valentine’s Day, Leap Day, Eschaton, and whatever else happened while we were in hibernation (and then subsequently recovering from hibernation sickness). So, you may ask, what have we been up to all this time since last year’s thought bubble? Let me explain! No, there is too much. Let me sum up:
We have been planning all sorts of crazy stuff for this year’s Thought Bubble!
It ain’t broke, but we’re still looking at every way we can make it bigger and better. On that note, we’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who came out and made last year’s festival such a success and we hope we’ll see you all back again this November. In terms of specifics, well, we’ve announced a few bits and pieces on Twitter and Facebook recently, and re-launched our shiny updated website with our lovely new festival image by the amazing Tran Nguyen, so here’s what we have so far:
- This year’s festival will take place on the 11th – 18th of November, at venues around Leeds and Yorkshire, in partnership with the 26th Leeds International Film Festival, and with a centre-piece (massive) comic convention on the 17th & 18th November. You can get an idea of what’ll be taking place by having a look at our event archives, but every Thought Bubble’s bigger than the last, so expect MORE COOL STUFF;
- We’ve announced our first batch of guests for 2012’s festival, and we think that this year we’ll be bringing together the biggest, most varied line-up yet. Comics can be about anything and be created by anyone, so we try to reflect this. We’ll be updating the guest list throughout the year so check back regularly as we’ve got some surprises up our voluminous sleeves;
- Speaking of guests, we’re currently in the process of getting this year’s anthology together, which, like last year’s will contain exclusive stories by artists and writers that we’re digging right now, as well as last year’s Northern Sequential Art Competition winners, and with all the profits going to charity;
- Speaking with guests, Minterviews are back! We’ve been chatting with Thought Bubble guests past, present and future, and we’ll be putting up the transcripts every Monday right here on the ol’ weblog;
- Table registration for this year’s convention is now open! Early-bird prices are in effect until August 1st, but they sold out way before then last year, and we’re expecting them to sell out even quicker this year, so act fast. I’ll try and do a blog post soon about tips for first time exhibitors, but there’s a whole bunch of handy information on the website that’ll give you an idea of how it works and what to expect;
- We’ve teamed up with the lovely people over at Comics Forum to put on a comics and philosophy event later this month at the Henry Moore Institute – ‘Comics and Philosopy: From Maus to She-Hulk’ will take place on the 29th March, and is free to attend, but spaces are limited, so be sure to sign up soon;
- I’m probably forgetting loads, as Thought Bubble is getting so big that eventually we’ll probably have to put together an elite squad of military operatives and scientists to destroy the monster it has become. However, until that happens, you can find out everything that’s happening, as it happens, by following us on Twitter, liking us on Facebook, subscribing to the RSS feed for the website, or looking for the messages that we hide in various comics that hit the stands on a monthly basis. Which ones? That’s for you to find out! YAY!
There’s always something going on with us, but on the blog, then next thing coming atcha will be the first of this year’s Minterviews. To find out who it’s with, check back here next Monday!
We <3 you all.
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment