Filed under: About Thought Bubble, Thought Bubble 2013 | Tags: Comics, Leeds comic con, Leeds comic festival, Leeds Thought Bubble comic festival, Sequential Art, UK Conventions, Webcomics
Greetings fellow human beings and any aliens who are viewing this archive many thousands of years in the future to try and piece together an idea of how our now extinct society may have functioned!
We’re currently hard at work bringing together all the many elements that form a Thought Bubble Festival, handling them with care, and using the requisite safety equipment to ensure the good health and well-being of our team. We’ve also just returned from adventures to the Toronto Comics Art Festival, MCM Expo in London, and we’ll be heading out to the 2D comics festival this weekend for some fun on the emerald isle! We always enjoy meeting comicky folks, so if you see us at a show, don’t be shy, say hi!
In the meantime, we gots some of those good olde time updates for you, including details of tickets for this year’s Thought Bubble Convention! If you would like to know more, please continue reading…
Firstly, this year’s Comics Forum call-for-papers is now open! Comics Forum was established in 2009 as part of that year’s Thought Bubble Festival; taking our emphasis upon the educational value of comics as its starting point, Comics Forum aims to increase the visibility and accessibility of comics scholarship through an academic conference that brings together scholars, artists and fans in a spirit of mutual cooperation and development. This year’s Comics Forum takes place on 21st – 22nd November, and is focusing on small press, independent, and artisanal comics, and is hoping to put the spotlight on creators and publishers whose voice may not necessarily conform to the mainstream. For full details of the conference’s call-for-papers, and information on how to get involved, please visit the website.
Speaking of websites, we’ve just updated ours, with new guests, new exhibitors for New Dock Hall, and new exhibitors for Royal Armouries Hall! It’s looking like this year’s Thought Bubble is going to be absolutely jam-packed with creative talent, and we’re looking forward to what will be our biggest (and hopefully best) festival yet! We’ll be updating on the fly throughout the remaining months, weeks, and days leading up to the festival, so please keep an eye on twitter (@ThoughtBubbleUK) and Facebook (search ‘thought bubble festival’) to find out the hottest gossip as it happens!
Finally, and most importantly, tickets for this year’s Thought Bubble convention are now on sale! Prices are available at that link, and if you’ve never bought tickets in advance for the show (or have, but can’t remember that far back, because the excitement of previous year’s Thought Bubbles has wiped your memory), then here’s some handy information to be aware of:
- Pre-ordered tickets will not be posted out – just bring a valid form of ID, or the card you booked the ticket/s with and you’ll be able to claim your festival wristband on the day from the ticket desk at New Dock Hall. Alternatively, for example if you didn’t book the tickets yourself, just bring along a print or electronic copy of the confirmation email that you’ll receive from Leeds Box Office;
- If you’re coming to the show in costume, and are wanting to take advantage of the cosplay discount, then please purchase your ticket on the door when you arrive at the show, the cosplay discount doesn’t apply to pre-ordered tickets;
- Under-12s can enter the show for free, provided they are accompanied by a ticket holding parent/guardian, we’ll have loads of young people’s and family programming at the convention, so if you know anyone whose kids (or parents) would like to come to Thought Bubble, then please let them know about the festival – we love meeting new people, and helping introduce new fans to the wonderful world of COMICS;
- If you have any queries regarding a transaction for any ticket/s that you have pre-ordered, please contact Leeds Box Office directly, as we don’t handle sales of the tickets directly, and they’ll be able to help you more promptly with any requests you may have;
- There’s no cap on ticket sales, but pre-orders will be taken down in the week of the festival, to allow for processing of the lists of attendees ahead of the show, after this time, we ask that anyone wishing to attend the convention please purchase their passes on the door, at the same price as pre-order bookings – tickets on the door are not limited, but are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, and some queuing at the venue may be required;
- The first 500 pre-ordered weekend passes confer guaranteed entry to our lovely Saturday night party, and once these have all been allocated, a note will be added to the website at this page.
That’s all for now! We’ll be updating the website again soon with some more guests and some more exhibitors, and we’ll be bringing you the first details of this year’s programme later in the summer to get your adrenal glands working at full capacity! YAY!
174 days to go!
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment